New Features and Improvements in Foxit Reader 8.2
- Share comments and discussions
Post opinions or ideas on PDF documents in Discussion Board to share and discuss with others.
- Enhanced collaboration with Connected Review
All comment activities on the PDF document can be viewed at a glance and filtered from a comment dashboard.
- Fast web view support
Convert files as linearized PDF files that can be opened and viewed even before the whole file is downloaded.
- ECM and Network Drive support
Preview non-PDF files in SharePoint and popular network drives (Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, and Dropbox) within Reader by automatically converting them to PDF.
- Content Sensitive Help
Provide feature-based self-help tools that include a “Tell Me More” link that can connect you to a help center and search feature.
- Foxit Cloud Reading
Provides users with seamless reading experience across platforms and devices.
- All published comments can be synchronized on both desktop and mobile devices during Connected Review, letting you never miss an important message.
- Convert .xps files to PDFs.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.2
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.1.4
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader failed to convert files to PDFs from within the program or via the Windows context menu.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 8.1.1
- Foxit Archive plugin enhancements
Improved the workflow when saving changes made in PDF documents in Foxit Archive and enabled users to open non-PDF files in Foxit Archive.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.1.1
- Fixed an issue where a date error could occur when filling in certain PDF forms.
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader could be unresponsive when playing a large embedded video in an RMS-protected PDF.
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader failed to save a PDF document after repeatedly adding large attachments to the PDF.
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
New Features in Foxit Reader 8.1
- Integrates with Box
Integration with Box enables users to open PDFs files stored in Box directly from the Open menu, and save files to Box from the Save As menu.
- Foxit Archive integration
Integrates with Foxit Archive, which is a secure, cloud-based, document management solution. Users can check in and out PDFs in Foxit Archive for easier document collaboration through Foxit Reader.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 8.1
- Annotating enhancements
Improved the workflow of all annotation tools, and allow users to change statuses of the annotations made by others in a shared review.
- Allow ConnectedPDF document owners to allow or disallow other users to start Connected Reviews or create new versions.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.1
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
New Features in Foxit Reader 8.0.2
- Use ADAL (Active Directory Authentication Library) authentication to log into RMS in Foxit Reader (Enterprise Packaging) to open/decrypt PDFs without requiring the installation of the Microsoft Online Services Sign-in Assistant.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 8.0.2
- Provides improvements to the ConnectedPDF feature as well as several user experience enhancements.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.0.2
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
New Features in Foxit Reader 8.0
- ConnectedPDF-More than PDF
- Create a ConnectedPDF document
- Register a new version of a ConnectedPDF document
- Request a file
- Configure Permissions
- Join a connected review without any third-party server
- Control document data and settings on the Document Homepage
- Manage file access history and messages with the Personal Homepage
- Dropbox integration
- Supports Touch Mode when working on touch-screen devices.
- Convert .msg files (emails) to PDF using the right-click context menu in Windows Explorer.
- Add an option to automatically save PDF documents at regular intervals in case of system crash or power failure.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 8.0
- RMS security enhancements (Enterprise Packaging only).
- Preserve formatting when copying tables from PDFs.
- View custom metadata in PDF.
- Print PDF sections/pages directly from selected bookmark(s).
- Support for SharePoint 2016 version.
- Cut, delete and move multiple bookmarks at a time.
- Pin the most used SharePoint, OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox folders to the File > Open/Save As panels in Foxit Reader for easy access.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 8.0
- Fixed some security and stability issues. Click here for details.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.3.4
- Fixed an issue where a PDF was not recognized or corrupted when opened.
- Fixed an issue where form calculation did not work properly if an amount field has a decimal fraction.
- Fixed security issues. Click here for details.
New Features in Foxit Reader 7.3
- OneDrive and Google Drive integration
- Word count
- Time stamps
- Sign with certificate
- Scroll lock
Improvements in Foxit Reader 7.3
- PDF sign improvements
- Microsoft Office 2016 support
- XFA form enhancement
- Vertical split view
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.3
- Fixed a security issue where the application could crash unexpectedly when converting certain image with incorrect image data.
- Fixed a security issue where the application could crash unexpectedly when parsing certain PDF files that contain a malformed image inside a stream object.
- Fixed a security issue where the application could be exposed to a remote code execution vulnerability due to a JBIG2 Out-of-Bounds Read.
- Fixed a security issue where the application could be exposed to the XFA FormCalc Replace Integer Overflow Vulnerability.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.2.8
- Fixed some issues to improve the user experience.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.2.2
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader could not be set as the default PDF reader in Windows 10.
- Fixed an issue where users could encounter an improper argument error intermittently when trying to open, view, close, or work on a PDF file with Foxit Reader.
- Fixed a handle leak issue to improve the performance and reliability.
- Fixed a security issue where the application could be exposed to Use-After-Free Vulnerability when executing print() or referencing App after closing the document.
- Fixed a security issue where the application could crash unexpectedly due to recursive reference.
New Features in Foxit Reader 7.2
- Join Cloud-based Shared Review
- Pattern Search
- Set Enhanced Security Settings in Preferences
- Snap Measurements
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.2
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader could not open PDF files in Internet Explorer.
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when opening certain XFA forms, which could lead to a controlled crash execution.
- Fixed an issue where “Foxit Reader” folder was reserved after clean uninstallation in 32-bit OS.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.1.5
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when verifying the digital signatures. Attackers could exploit this vulnerability to execute a controlled crash.
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when parsing a PDF file that contains an invalid stream.
New Features in Foxit Reader 7.1
- Page Navigation in Web Browser by URL Parameters
- Add Bulleted Lists in Free Text Annotations
- PPDF (Pfile-based PDF) File Encryption (Enterprise Reader Only)
Improvements in Foxit Reader 7.1
- Shared Review Enhancement
- PDF Stamp Improvements
- Save and Share Custom Annotation Colors
- Preview Signatures and Stamps before Application
- Streamline PDF Scanning Workflow
- Extend the Usage of GPO Templates (Enterprise Reader Only)
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.1
- Fixed an issue where the application interface became fuzzy in higher DPI.
- Fixed an issue where users could not join the shared review of RMS protected files with Foxit Reader.
- Fixed a security issue where memory corruption may occur when converting a GIF file with an invalid value in Ubyte Size in its DataSubBlock Structure, which could lead to a controlled crash execution.
New Features in Foxit Reader 7.0.6
- DPI-aware Application
- PPDF (Pfile-based PDF) File Decryption (Enterprise Reader Only)
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.0.6
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader failed to remain as the default PDF viewer after update in Windows 8.
- Fixed an issue where a wrong message was prompted during custom scan.
New Features in Foxit Reader 7.0
- Shared Review for Desktop and Mobile Users
- 2D Barcode Displaying
- Optimized PCL Printing
- Free-form Annotation with PSI (Pressure Sensitive Ink)
- Bi-directional Language Support
- Signature Verification on XFA Forms
- Friendly Ribbon Customization
- Stronger Security from RMS Plugin (Enterprise Only)
- Create PDFs with RMS Encryption (Enterprise Only)
Improvements in Foxit Reader 7.0
- Text Copy with Formatting Maintained
- SharePoint Network Drive Support
- GPO Improvement (Enterprise Only)
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 7.0
- Fixed the critical issues on Microsoft Touch Screen where:
1) Users cannot exit Full Screen Mode;
2) Users cannot bring out the context menu by tap-and-hold;
3) Users cannot move up or down the annotation objects.
- Fixed an issue where an error prompted when users emailed a file with CJK characters in the file name if Windows locale was set to English.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 6.2.1
- Updates Foxit’s compatibility with the Microsoft IRM extension for PDF Specification.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.2.1
- Fixed an issue where the application may suffer security vulnerabilities when reading and displaying filenames and their paths on the “Recent Documents” section from the Start Page.
New Features in Foxit Reader 6.2
- PDF/A File Notification.
- Foxit Plugin Platform.
- SCUP Catalog for Automatic Application Updates.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 6.2
- UX Improvement.
- Controls Operations to Toolbars by GPO template.
- Word-to-PDF Conversion with Document Properties Maintained.
- Supports Windows Embedded Standard 7.
- Enables SharePoint Plugin by Default without Registry Entry.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.2
- Fixed an issue where the application may crash when creating custom dynamic stamps.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.1.4
- Fixed an issue where large videos embedded in PDF files cannot be played after files are encrypted.
- Fixed a security issue where Foxit Reader tried to load imgseg.dll, which could be exploited.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 6.1.2
- Improves the compatibility of converted PDFs, allowing users to open converted PDFs with greater accuracy and more smoothly than other PDF products.
- Enhances the conversion function, making the converted contents clearer and sharper.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.1.2
- Fixed an issue where the Comment tools do not work when using the mouse with inverted buttons (for left-handed people).
- Fixed an issue where text cannot be typed immediately after a new Typewriter comment is created when the Ribbon is minimized.
New Features in Foxit Reader 6.1
- Area Highlight
- Signature Protection
- Simplified Scanning Process
- SharePoint Integration Enhancement
- Extensive Find & Search
- “.CSV” Support for Form Export
- Easier File Attaching and Appending
- “Black and White” PDF Conversion
Improvements in Foxit Reader 6.1
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.1
- Fixed an issue where the Foxit plugin was not adopted by default in Firefox and Chrome browsers.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.0.5
- Fixed an issue where users using the Windows Explorer Preview Pane in the Open File dialog could not use arrow keys to navigate PDF files.
- Fixed an issue where users using the Windows Explorer Preview Pane in the Open File dialog could not select the name of a file/folder by typing the first few letters.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 6.0.3
- Added the option of switching back to classic mode in Ribbon mode.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 6.0.3
- Fixed a bug where Microsoft Office Apps will crash after the Reader installation.
- Fixed a bug of Foxit Reader & Windows encrypted file system.
New Features in Foxit Reader 6.0
- PDF Creation
- Ribbon-Based Toolbar
- Read and Search PDF Portfolios
- Whitelist Trusted URLs for Form Submission
- Create and Insert Stamps
- PDF Sign
- Plug-in Manager
Improvements in Foxit Reader 6.0
- Comments Summary
- Booklet Printing
- Run Script Right Control
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.4.5
- Fixed a security issue where attackers can exploit a web browser plugin vulnerability to execute arbitrary code.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.4.3
- Fixed a security issue where the insecure application loading libraries could be exploited to attack the application.
New Features in Foxit Reader 5.4
- Supports opening PDF files on Microsoft SharePoint Server and allowing users to seamlessly check out and check in PDF files within Foxit Reader.
- Allows users to easily send, sign and save PDF documents and forms using DocuSign, the industry's most widely used eSignature solution.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.4
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader may call and run malicious code in the Dynamic Link Library (DLL) file.
- Fixed an issue where the application cannot remember the last print paper size setting.
- Fixed an issue where certain digital signatures cannot be verified by Foxit Reader.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.3.1
- Fixed an issue where some PDFs could not be opened because of a problem with the "loading font" process.
- Fixed an issue with using Hotmail accounts after installing Foxit Reader.
- Fixed an issue where the Foxit Reader plug-in cannot be loaded in Opera and will cause other plug-ins to fail to load.
- Fixed an issue caused by using track point to scroll PDFs on ThinkPads®.
- Fixed an issue where the cursor cannot be moved to the beginning of PDF content when using the short-cut key "Ctrl + Left".
New Features in Foxit Reader 5.3
- Supports viewing RMS-protected PDF files with the dynamic watermark.
- Added the option "Tile Large Pages" to the print dialog box. With this new feature, users can tile pages that are larger than the selected paper size at a specified scale. The whole page content will be divided and printed on pieces of paper.
- Provides users with three update options, allowing users selecting the most appropriate upgrade method according to their requirements.
- Automatically changes the hand tool to the select text tool after moving the cursor to the text content
- Supports controlling preference dialogue with the keyboard shortcuts.
Improvements in Foxit Reader 5.3
- Added the option "Read from Current Page" to the Read Out Loud feature, which makes the system read out the PDF content from current page to the end of the file.
- Improved the user interface elements, including arrow comment, Facebook interface, etc.
- Added the toolbar mode switch icon to the toolbar, simplifying user’s manipulation.
- Shows the progress bar before displaying the content when opening the PDFs in the web browser.
- Improved the accuracy of highlight location, enabling the highlight area more agree with the target text.
- In the Full Screen mode, places the toolbar in the location adjusted last time.
- Supports using arrowheads to switch the file tabs when opening multiple PDF files, which is convenient for users when the tabs cannot be arranged in a row.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.3
- Fixed an issue where users cannot open the attachments of PDF files in XP and Windows7.
- Fixed an issue where the high screen resolution disordered the layout of the installation interface.
- Fixed an issue where note comments cannot move with the marked content when dragging the scroll bar to view a file.
- Fixed an issue where a large blank area appeared in the toolbar when reading PDF in web browser.
- Fixed an issue where users cannot use the arrow keys to view the search results.
- Fixed an issue where the system executed an action if user typed the shortcut key in the text input box.
- Fixed an issue where users can only selected the Snapshot area in the current visible area.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.1.3
- Fixed an issue when opened inside of a web browser and the interface language is switched.
- Fixed an issue where paper size in the Preview Area of the Print Dialogue Box cannot be updated accordingly when using Xerox Printers.
- Fixed an issue when switching the interface language.
- Fixed an issue where the Paper Drawer cannot be changed to Cassette when printing.
- Fixed an issue when opening certain PDF files.
New Features in Foxit Reader 5.1
- For better reading experience with maximized PDF document display area, Foxit Reader supports showing PDFs in Reading Mode that hides the toolbar, navigation pane and status bar, with only the menu bar available.
- In Tabbed Toolbar Mode, Foxit Reader supports collapsing/expanding the toolbar area to maximize the reading area.
- To extend the document pane, the Auto-hide Status Bar feature hides the Status Bar during reading and shows the status bar floating at the bottom of the page only when the cursor is moved to the bottom.
- Provided integration to the social networking sites to satisfy Facebook and Twitter users.
- Supports Read out loud function.
- Supports displaying PDF documents in Reading mode or Full Screen Mode automatically when opening PDFs with Foxit Reader.
- Foxit Reader enhanced the text rendering quality to display the text more clearly and neat.
- Increased performance for reader startup, opening a PDF file, and closing a PDF file.
- Automatically chooses paper type according to the page size of PDFs when printing.
- Shows the page thumbnails when dragging the scrollbar in a single page display mode.
- Added the Foxit Reader classic skin.
- Disabled spell check function in the Typewriter/Form Mode as the default option of the preference.
- Improved the accuracy of spell check.
- Moved the comment and attachment pane to be aligned with bookmark, thumbnail, layers and signatures panes.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.1
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 5.0.2.0718
- Fixed a security issue of arbitrary code execution when opening certain PDF files.
- Fixed an issue of Foxit Reader when opening certain PDF files in a web browser.
- Fixed an issue where the page content cannot be displayed when opening certain PDF files in a web browser.
- Fixed an issue where the file name would be a messy code or its extension would be missed when emailing certain PDF files from a web browser.
- Recovered the Print Scale function which was available in pre 5.0 versions.
New Features in Foxit Reader 5.0
- XFA form filling
- Opens the RMS - protected PDFs
- Customizes shortcut keys
- Split View mode
- Fit Visible mode
- Tabbed Toolbar Mode
- Supports 11 different page transition types in the full screen mode
- Offers four nice skins
- Searches keywords in the comment and bookmark
- Previews a PDF attachment in Microsoft Outlook
- Displays the PDF files in the Windows Explorer as the thumbnails
- Adds more available command lines
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 4.3.1.0218
- Fixed an issue of the Foxit Reader software that is caused by illegal accessing memory when opening some special PDF documents.
New Features in Foxit Reader 4.3
- Views the PDFs Embedded in HTML
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 4.3
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader crashes when scrolling back after the user scrolls down to view the last page (actual image) of a PDF file.
- Fixed a crash issue when opening certain PDFs.
New Features in Foxit Reader 4.2
- Verifies the digital signature
- Enhances security with ASLR & DEP support
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 4.2
- Fixed the issue where Foxit Reader crashes if the headline of the PDF content exceeds 512 bytes.
- Fixed the issue where the "delete" option in the right-click popup menu is unavailable when right-clicking the link created by the link tool.
- Fixed the issue where Foxit Reader will pop up two tabs when opening a same PDF file which is targeted by two links, one is created with relative path and the other one is with absolute path.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 4.1.1
- Foxit Reader 4.1.1.0805 addresses vulnerability associated with the rendering of the PDF's embedded in the new iPhone/iPad jailbreak program.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 4.1
- Fixed the crash issue when opening certain PDFs.
- Optimized the reading engine and fixed the issue where the scrolling becomes very slowly when reading large PDFs.
- Users will not be prompted to set default PDF reader when either or both Phantom and Foxit Reader is installed.
- PDF icons are reverted to other Reader's PDF icons when Phantom/Foxit Reader is uninstalled, if those exist.
- Fixed the issue where the system sets Foxit Reader as the default PDF viewer without user permission when Foxit Reader launches.
New Features in Foxit Reader 4.0
- Adds a advanced set of professional features
- Enhances Safe Mode Setting
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 4.0
- Fixed the crash issue when opening certain PDF documents.
New Features in Foxit Reader 3.3.1
New Features in Foxit Reader 3.3
- Secure Trust Manager
- Improves Ask Search Button Setting
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.3
- Fixes some issues from previous versions including an issue where Ask Toolbar may be installed by default.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.2.1.0401
- Fixed a security issue that Foxit Reader runs an executable embedded program inside a PDF automatically without asking for user's permission.
New Features in Foxit Reader 3.2
- Undo and Redo
- Expands Current Bookmark
- Grayscale Printing
- Speeds Up Printing
- Logical Page Number Support
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.2
- Fixed the crash issue when double clicking to open certain PDFs.
- Fixed the issue where cannot correctly display the content copied from Text Viewer mode on popup dialog box.
- Better support saving PDF as text.
- Fixed the issue where pop multiple message boxes when clicking the bookmarks several times continuously.
- Fixed the issues where some PDF documents cannot be associated with Foxit Reader.
- Fixed the issue where space may disappear when copying text.
- Fixed the crash issue when occasional use of arrow keys on keyboard to turn pages.
- Fixed the issue where the text may not be highlighted.
- Fixed the issue where the text string starting with a space cannot be searched.
- Fixed the issue with vertical text selection and text highlight.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.1.4
- Now supports opening files containing special Unicode characters in filenames.
- Right-clicking the annotation with zoom tool will not popup annotation menu.
- When using the Commenting Tools, the color indicator will reflect your color selection.
- Now supports simultaneous viewing of multiple documents.
- Fixed the issue where some files display slowly in the print preview window.
- Fixed the issue where some PDF files cannot be opened in the correct positions.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 220.127.116.110
- Fixed the issue in Foxit Reader 18.104.22.1683, where the text in PDF documents cannot be printed with specific printers.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 22.214.171.1243
- Fixed the memory leak issue where the memory usage will continuously grow while viewing PDF files with Foxit Reader.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.1.1.0901
- The reported issue of Foxit Reader 3.1.0.0824 crashing when users are viewing certain PDF files has been updated and is no longer a problem.
- Fixed an issue where Foxit Reader may not be launched in the system without installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable.
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.1.0.0824
- Fixed the issue where Cyrillic symbols in the Tab header displaying inaccurately in Japanese operating system.
- Fixed the issue about too large printer buffer, automatic paging and duplex printing when printing a document with multiple copies.
- Fixed the issue where cannot import FDF file when opening the PDF file contained interactive form fields in the browser window.
- Fixed the issue where PDF Reader only works on the primary screen while going to full screen with dual monitor setup.
New Features in Foxit Reader 3.1
- Internet Search
- Favorite Toolbar
- Comments Panel
- Summarizes Comments
- Document Restrictions
- Supports MSAA
- Streamlined UI
Version 3.0 Build 1817
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1817
- Fixed a problem related to negative stream offset (in malicious JPEG2000 stream) which caused reading data from an out-of-bound address. We have added guard codes to solve this issue.
- Fixed a problem related to error handling when decoding JPEG2000 header, an uncaught fatal error resulted a subsequent invalid address access. We added error handling code to terminate the decoding process.
Version 3.0 Build 1506
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1506
- Cannot edit some form fields.
- Cannot support XFA forms. After typing text into a field and then moving the cursor to another field, the typed text will disappear.
- Unable to fill in some interactive check boxes within the PDF document.
Version 3.0 Build 1301
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1301
A dead loop error appears when printing pages or a range of pages by entering 1, 3, 7-10, etc. in the Pages text box within the Print dialog box.
Symptoms: If you print pages or a range of pages by entering 1, 3, 7-10, etc. in the Pages text box within the Print dialog box with Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1222, the printing doesn't stop.
Version 3.0 Build 1222
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1222
- The annotations added by the typewriter tool will be rotated along with the page.
- Popup "Mozilla Firefox is not installed." when users failed to install Firefox plug-in.
- May take a long time to open a file in Windows Vista Home version.
- This updated version allows users to delete the advertisements.
- The Auto-Rotate feature may be unavailable when printing with Snapshot tool.
- Go back to the default settings of the printer properties when users reopen the PDF files.
- This updated version will choose to print documents in actual size mode or fit to paper mode based on the default settings in the print dialog box with Command lines.
- Page numbers are printed in a disorderly way when printing multiple copies in double-side mode.
- The slow launch speed when running Foxit Reader for the first time after the system startup.
Version 3.0 Build 1120
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.0 Build 1120
- Cannot open PDF files embedded in MSWord.
- Cannot open the links to PDF files in a PDF with IE.
- The print command is inconsistent with the one specified in registry.
- Cannot align typewriter annotations.
- New popup notes will not be active, unless users click on it when they use the note tool to make annotations.
- Users are still able to drag a callout when they click and drag a place which is nowhere in the area of the callout's visible element, but in the rectangular region bound by those elements.
- The mouse cursor while in highlight mode has just one shape, which stays the same whenever it is used to select row by row.
- When the cursor is on the blank margin you cannot scroll page (while annotations is activated) by scrolling the mouse wheel.
- Cannot open PDF files with extension .FDF.
- Setting a new default author and subject for the Note Tool will not be recalled.
- There are no property toolbars available to set colors and opacity.
New Features in Foxit Reader 3.0
- Enticing Multimedia Design
- Attachment Panel
- Thumbnail Panel
- Layout Panel
- Metric Unit Support
- Auto-scrolling with Middle Mouse Button
- Awe-Inspiring Foxit OnDemand Content Management
- Firefox Support
Improvements in Foxit Reader 3.0
- Improves Select Text Tool
- Enhances Print Setup
- Better Annotation Control
- Advanced Toolbar Control
- Better Permission Control
- Improves Upgrade Mode
- Improves Popup Note
- Enhances Shortcut Keys Input
- Transferrable preferences Settings
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 3.0
Version 2.3 Build 4015
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 2.3 Build 4015
- Open a number of PDF documents with Foxit Reader 2.3 and select "Save as" under the "File" menu, all of the pages may appear blank if you open the saved documents with Adobe.
Version 2.3 Build 3309
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 2.3 Build 3309
- Compatibility issues with Foxit Reader and Adobe Reader after saving.
- Disappearing Toolbar after minimizing Foxit Reader to the system tray.
- Converts all the characters to lower-case in the web browsers when clicking on the links in PDF files, causing the links to break.
Version 2.3 Build 3201
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 2.3 Build 3201
- Several crash issues.
- Foxit Reader crashes when users are viewing some certain PDF files with images.
- Foxit Reader crashes sometimes when users are clicking on the "Print" option.
- Toolbars go out of place and rearrange themselves vertically.
- Slow printing of PDF files that have complex images.
- Font and Image rendering improved.
- Combo Box tool not working correctly.
- The menu item "FDF Document" needs to be removed from desktop context menu.
- Always remember the last printer you select
- Foxit Reader (free version) may not be responding after you save a PDF document.
- Bookmark view cannot be disabled permanently in Internet Explorer.
- Print command needs to be updated.
- Certain bookmark displaying issues.
- Many other issues fixes and feature enhancement.
New Features in Foxit Reader 2.3
- Bookmark Design
- Multi-tab Browsing
- Multimedia Player Support
- Callout and Text box Tool
- Comment Text Tool
- Rulers and Guides
- Automatic Scrolling
- OCG Support
- FDF Related
Improvements in Foxit Reader 2.3
- Optimizes Rendering
- Improves Link Tools
- Improves Snapshot
- Search Enhancement
- Better Annotation control
- Font Information
- Updates Command Line
- Streamlined UI
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 2.3
New Features in Foxit Reader 2.2
- Captures words via mouse
- Searches PDF in another way
- Minimizes Foxit Reader to the system tray
- Works with friendly bookmarks
- Removes all evaluation marks at once
- Views PDF page size
- Selects text easily
- Enjoys other improved features
Issues Addressed in Foxit Reader 2.2