Foxit PDF Security Suite Overview
An important file format for sharing confidential documents that require rights management protection is PDF. It is far more effective for Enterprises to deploy a single rights management
solution which supports their most used file formats – typically the Microsoft Office and PDF file formats. End users also require these solutions to provide them with a rich set of collaboration features to effectively work as a team – these features include annotating, editing, and organizing documents.
This is why integrating the Foxit PDF Security Suite in Microsoft Rights Management Services environments is so important – Microsoft has a feature rich Information Management Solution and the Foxit components fill in the gaps for PDF documents and forms. The Foxit solution allows enterprise users to:
- Consume, modify, and protect PDF on Windows desktops in Active Directory Rights Management Services and Azure Active Directory Rights Management environments with the Foxit Enterprise Reader and/or Foxit PhantomPDF. In addition to RMS encryption and decryption:
- Foxit Enterprise Reader provides the collaboration features users need to view, print, copy, annotate, and delete protected PDF files.
- Foxit PhantomPDF provides the collaboration features users need to view, print, copy, annotate, edit, organize, and delete protected PDF files.
- Provide additional security capabilities such as audit logs, printer restrictions, and screen shot prevention.
- Enables dynamic revocation, which is a mechanism that revokes a PDF document that has already been issued. For example, remove rights from an individual when they leave your organization or remove access to a document when it becomes out of date.
- Ability for users to sort, filter, correlate, and analyze log entries, for information such as who accessed documents, which documents were accessed and when, how many copies were printed, and more. This provides valuable business intelligence regarding the usage of protected documents.
- Additional access rights control allowing the document owner to control the following:
- The number of times a user can access a document.
- The number of times a user can print a document.
- Select which pages users are allowed to access. This is very valuable when it's required to provide rights to only certain pages of a document.
- Only allow users within an IP white list to access the document – for example, only users in the building versus external users.
- Protection (encryption) PDF files when creating the PDF files using the Foxit add-ins within Microsoft Office.
- Consume and annotate protected PDF on mobile devices in Azure Active Directory Rights Management environments through the Foxit Mobile PDF product line.
- Foxit Mobile PDF provides users with a common user experience from their desktop to mobile devices. Mobile PDF with the RMS plug-in allows users to read and annotate protected PDF files and to protect new PDF documents on iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Server side protection of PDF for SharePoint 2007, 2010, and 2013 environments and Exchange 2010 and 2013 environments with the PDF Secure RMS Protector. The PDF Secure RMS Protector augments SharePoint's 2013 capabilities when customers require:
- Fast web view or linearized PDF.
- Dynamic security watermarks to automatically display viewer identity information on protected PDF files. This provides additional security to protected files from being compromised by users cameras/smartphones and video capture.
- Staged upgrades to SharePoint 2013, enabling RMS support for PDF on 2010 and 2007 servers until upgrade to 2013 is complete.
- Protect PDF files through programmatic interfaces in both AD RMS and ADD RM environments with the RMS PDF Protection Tool.
- The programmatic interfaces provide both Command Line Interfaces (CLI) for IT administrators to run in scripts or on-demand and C programming interfaces for developers to incorporate into existing applications.