Foxit is No. 2 in the international market and delivers worldwide software, services and outstanding
support for the conversion of digital documents. 560 million users around the globe use our
products, such as Foxit Reader, Phantom PDF, or Enterprise Automation for entire companies. This
makes us a key player in digital transformation. Our declared goal for the coming years? To be
Foxit has offices all over the world, e.g. in the USA, Asia, Europe, and Australia. You need further information? Please find here: www.foxitsoftware.com.
We have ambitious goals and will continue to focus on growth in 2021. We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior System Administrator (f/m/d) to join our growing global IT team.
In this role, you will report to the IT Director and join an exciting organization focused on providing world class service. You’ll be leading a global team, overseeing a global multi-site IT department as well bearing the responsibility to put customer service first- for all our Foxiters.
This is what you can expect from us:
- Corona Pandemic? We are prepared. You’ll work "remote" or in a hybrid model. Flexible working time models create a real "life balance"!
- You have all the opportunities of a globally active and continuously growing high-tech company: further education, conference participation? Yes, please!
- Expect a company culture where YOU make the difference: we’re not a "hipster start-up with daily beer; but we value social commitment, environmental protection & health.
- Working atmosphere? Very pleasant! Positive atmosphere and always open doors: for you and your suggestions.
- With regular (but virtual) "all-hands" you stay “up-to-date” regarding vision and strategy. Results are clearly communicated. We know what we are moving for!
- A professional and very friendly team! They are looking forward to YOU and will gladly facilitate your onboarding. You are welcome!
- And of course: we also celebrate sometimes! As soon as the pandemic rules allow us,
we’ll again organize legendary events!
These are your key responsibilities:
- All-level “end user” IT-Support: You handle all issues for the roundabout 50 Foxiters, in Germany and Western Europe, including the on-premises data center in Berlin with VMWare/vSAN-environment (8 physical servers & roughly 120 VMs)
- Responsibility of all services: You manage all services that are running in Berlin, like AD/Windows-Services, also the development environment with Jenkins, SVN, Mantis, Confluence, SAP, Network/Infrastructure-Services, Performance-/Availability-Monitoring, Central Log-Management, Asset-Management, Backup-Services, Network Security Monitoring and Product Licensing/Update Services.
- Cloud Services in Europe: You take care of managing all cloud-services that are used in Europe (Jira, Azure DevOps) and provide basic O365-Administration for our team in Macedonia (essentially account setup/provisioning) and you offer full O365- Administration for our Foxiters in Ireland.
- US Support: You provide an “all-level end user” IT-Support for our 10 Foxiters in NYC and you are in charge for a full management of the colocation data center in NYC incl. all services that are running on VMWare/vSAN-environment (4 physical servers and roughly 60 VMs).
- Rooter Servers: Management of a couple of root-servers, vps-instances and web-hosting services (used for Secure FTP, CVision legacy services, download repository or external monitoring).
- Enterprise IT environment: You run an enterprise IT environment including procurement (hard-& software), software licensing, domain-names, certificates, phone-system, printers, and so on).
These are our requirements:
- As our Senior System Administrator (f/m/d) you have a University degree in computer science, a comparable level education or at least 5 years’ experience in a corporate IT function and ideally experience in a leading role.
- You have solid knowledge in administration of Windows Operating Systems (Client and Server), VMWare virtualization-solutions incl. storage and backup-management (vSphere, vSAN, Veeam...) and Linux Server Administration (CentOS/Debian/Ubuntu).
- Of course, you have a outstanding understanding of network-administration, managing database-systems (PostGres, MariaDB, MSSQL) and at least one scripting language (PowerShell preferred). Definitely a plus are certifications like MCSA, LPIC, VCP.
- Your approach is very independent, analytical, and highly goal-oriented and your work mentality in conjunction with marked team spirit and high service orientation. You intermediate skillfully on all levels and always create a pleasant atmosphere during your support.
- You understand yourself as an always learning person with the desire to grow and to expand your personal skillset. Of course, you pass on your knowledge and thus ensure a continuous knowledge transfer in our organization.
- As we are acting globally your German and English skills (written and spoken) are excellent and match your outstanding communication skills on all levels
The role description does not fit 100%? But you have the feeling that Foxit could give your career a boost? Then let's talk anyway and tell us your story! We are still growing, and some job profiles are not written yet!
Please send your application to [email protected]