By Scott Nguyen, Integrated Sales and Support
Unless you change the settings, Microsoft Edge is typically the default Web browser and Foxit Reader your default is easy to do. Here’s how.for Windows 10. This may suffice if you just want to open and read files, however, if you want a feature-rich application, then making
Settingas the new default on Mac OSX:
- Go to the Mac’s Finder.
- Find the PDF file type you’d like to open with a specific app, and select it.
- Click on the File menu and select Get Info.
- Expand Open with: by clicking on the triangle to the left.
- Select the Open with: menu, then choose Foxit Reader to open all documents like that one.
- Click the Change All… button.
- You’ll get a dialogue box asking you to confirm your choice. Click Continue.
- Close the Get Info window.
Setting Foxit Reader as the new default on Windows 10:
- Click on the Start menu. It’s the Windows logo in the bottom left of your screen.
- Click on Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Default apps.
- Click on Foxit Reader to open all PDF documents with it.
That’s all there is to it. Once you have Foxit Reader (or any other Foxit program) installed, you’ll have a full-fledged PDF reader with a lot of other useful features, so this switch may be your last where are concerned.