by Karolin Koestler, Marketing Manager EMEA
Visio makes it easy and intuitive to create flowcharts, diagrams, org charts, floor plans, engineering designs, and more, using modern shapes and templates. It’s a great communication tool with a lot of visual appeal. But will the integrity of your charts and diagrams be there if you convert your Visio documents to? You can ensure that they are the easy way with the PhantomPDF Creator Plugin.
The PhantomPDF Creator Plugin in Microsoft Visio provides quick and easy PDF creation from Visio files, while preserving the document properties in the PDFs you create.
To create a PDF in Microsoft Visio, just open a file in Microsoft Visio, click the Foxit PDF tab and do one of the following:
• To create a PDF using the current settings, click thebutton. Then enter the file name, specify the location, and then click Save.
• To create and email a PDF using the current settings, click the Create and Email. Then enter the file name, specify the location, and click Save. The created PDF file will be attached to your mail system automatically for you to send out.
• To create a PDF and save it to SharePoint, click Create to SharePoint. That’s pretty straightforward but if you need more details, refer to “Save the created PDF to SharePoint” on page 69 of the PhantomPDF User Guide for more information. To customize your PDF conversion settings before creating PDFs, refer to Conversion Settings in Microsoft Word in the User Manual as well.
• Information can be stored on different layers of a PDF, similarly to the way different layers store different information in graphics applications like Photoshop. The layers that appear in your PDF are based on the layers created in the original application. When you convert a Visio file to a PDF, you can retain all layers or flatten all layers in the created PDFs by choosing Retain All or Flatten All for the Layers setting. If you choose to flatten layers, the created PDF will seem like the original Visio drawing, but without any layer information.
• For the Document Homepage and Sign In buttons, please refer to Create PDFs from Microsoft Word.
- If you check Create Bookmarks, the created bookmarks will be named after the page name in Visio files.
- Only shapes and guides that are printable and visible in the Visio drawing will be converted and will appear in the created PDF.
So now, when you want to convert Visio files into PDF files that retain the look and feel of your original diagrams, charts, plans or designs but ensure that they’re universally viewable, PhantomPDF Business helps you make it happen.