By Brad Selbst, Sales Director
has been in use since its debut in the early 1990s, predating the 2008 adoption as an ISO standard. It’s the go-to file format in the office workspace for creating, sharing, editing and printing documents. But how does it do when teams need to collaborate? Let’s take a look.
Links to your cloud storage for easy access
Many people use cloud-based storage of documents to make access easier, especially between remote groups that need to work together, regardless of geography. Foxit PDF technology supports this move to the cloud, as you’ll see below in our features descriptions.
Supports your mobile work
Furthermore, with Foxit, you can access those on your , , or Windows-enabled mobile device. Make edits, leave comments, or add annotations on your device anytime, anywhere. Those with authorized access will be able to do the same. The end result are PDF files stored in the cloud that are updated in real time. This leaves virtually zero lag time, allowing recipients to promptly receive feedback and/or submit their own edits or comments.
Collaborate easily with Reader and PhantomPDF
Foxit Software has long focused on enabling colleagues to collaborate easily using PDF as their tool. Specifically, Foxitoffers you these collaboration features:
- Manage Comments: Quickly view all the comments in the document. Import, export, and send comments as a PDF file via email.
- Shared Review: Participate in a Shared Review initiated by Foxit PhantomPDF. Whether you’re working on a mobile or desktop platform, you’ll be able to view and respond to each other’s comments and edits.
- Commenting Tools: Provide feedback to documents through annotation and text markup tools. Make feedback more effective with boxes, circles, arrows, and more drawing tools.
- Integrate OneDrive, Google Drive, and Dropbox: Foxit Reader Version 8.0 integrates Dropbox and Touch Mode support. Once your Dropbox and Foxit accounts are linked, all PDF files stored in Dropbox can be opened from .
- SharePoint Integration: Seamlessly check in and check out PDF files on SharePoint servers.
- Share PDF documents: Easily share PDF documents through email or Evernote.
- Create and Manage Stamps: Indicate the status of PDF document or hint the reviewer where to sign. Select from a group of pre made stamps or create your own.
Foxit PhantomPDF gives you everything for collaborating that PDF Reader does, plus:
- Evernote Integration: Create and send a PDF as an attachment to an Evernote note.
- Shared Review: Initiate a Shared Review to enable participants to view and respond to each other’s comments and edits.
- Expanded integration with Box and HP Autonomy: PhantomPDF 8.1 integrates with Box and HP Autonomy, adding to already-supported Google Drive and OneDrive, giving you more choices of where to store documents.
- DocuSign Integration: Send, sign and save PDF documents using the industry’s most widely used eSignature solution.
PDF in the work environment
50% of workers hold a position that requires some degree of telecommuting. With more teams comprised of off-site staff, it’s all the more crucial to have a document format that can be shared in a secured network. Having a like Foxit Reader and PDF solution like PhantomPDF helps you streamline collaboration tenfold.