Extend and Customize Foxit PhantomPDF and Reader
For enterprises that wish to create custom extensions to their ability to read, create,
edit, and design PDF documents and forms; and application developers wishing to tightly integrate their solutions into PDF environments,
the Foxit PhantomPDF Plug-in SDK is a software development kit that converts Foxit PhantomPDF and Reader into platforms for delivering additional capabilities for PDF documents and forms.
The PhantomPDF Plug-in SDK allows developers to provide new menu items and toolbar buttons to the existing interface without modifying the PhantomPDF or Reader products. Developers can also create custom
actions for their choice of user interface commands. In addition, they can manipulate PDF documents – for example, open a PDF in an external dialog, dynamically add or remove pages from an existing PDF,
edit the elements in a PDF, or set up security policies to control user permissions for PDF documents.
Since PDF is an extensible format, the Plug-in SDK enables users to add custom data to the PDF file to support their specific workflows and business needs. For example, data on who has viewed the document,
help information to fill out specific fields in a form, engineering costs, or other data not defined in the PDF specification can be added.
Based on Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF, C++ developers can develop plug-ins as requested, enable it by adding a corresponding certificate which contains permission information, and place it in the designed
folder to make it load correctly. Share the resource of Foxit Reader and Foxit PhantomPDF via its Core API and let the plug-in dynamically link to the Reader or PhantomPDF without modification to either application,
making customization easy.
The interfaces provided by Foxit PhantomPDF™ Plug-in SDK can be listed as follows:
- Custom UI Module - Customize the UI elements for Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF products, such as adding Menu/Menu items/Toolbar/Navigation Panel for the developed PDF tool.
- Rendering Module - Render PDF documents and obtain basic PDF information.
- Security Module - Integrate security solution to Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF, including customizing PDF encryption/decryption solution, integrating Foxit DRM solution, RMS system and so on.
- Extracting Module - Get the content, including text and image, from PDF documents for the specific use, such as translation, reading out.
- Annotation Module - Process annotation objects and data, such as adding watermark when printing in the customer's solution.
- Form Module - Process the interactive form objects and data. For example, enterprise can develop the form solution for their daily work.
- Editing Module - Add the custom PDF editing features, including PDF document editing and PDF page content editing, to Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF.
- RMS Plug-in SDK - Extends Microsoft RMS features to the Foxit Reader/PhantomPDF product for protecting PDF Documents.
- Platform: Windows
- Operating System: Windows XP or later
- Complier: Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0 or later