Foxit PDF Security Suite Overview
An important file format for sharing confidential documents that require
rights management protection is PDF. It is far more effective for Enterprises
to deploy a single rights management solution which supports their most used file
formats – typically the Microsoft Office and PDF file formats. End users also require
these solutions to provide them with a rich set of collaboration features to effectively
work as a team – these features include annotating, editing, and organizing documents.
This is why integrating the Foxit PDF Security Suite in Microsoft Rights Management Services
environments is so important – Microsoft has a feature rich Information Management Solution and
the Foxit components fill in the gaps for PDF documents and forms.
Rights Management for Windows Desktops
Consume, modify, and protect PDF on Windows desktops in Active Directory Rights Management Services
(AD RMS) and Azure Rights Management (Azure RMS) environments with the Foxit Reader and/or
Foxit PhantomPDF. In addition to RMS encryption and decryption:
- Foxit Reader provides the collaboration features users need to view, print, copy, annotate, and delete protected PDF files.
- Foxit PhantomPDF provides the collaboration features users need to view, print, copy, annotate, edit, organize, and delete protected PDF files.
- Provide additional security capabilities such as audit logs, printer restrictions, and screen shot prevention.
- Provides dynamic security watermarks to automatically display viewer identity information on protected PDF files to help protect against actions such as smartphone picture taking.
- Enables dynamic revocation, which is a mechanism that revokes a PDF document that has already been issued. For example, remove rights from an individual when they leave your organization or remove access to a document when it becomes out of date.
- Ability for users to sort, filter, correlate, and analyze log entries, for information such as who accessed documents, which documents were accessed and when, how many copies were printed, and more. This provides valuable business intelligence regarding the usage of protected documents.
- Additional access rights control allowing the document owner to control the number of times a user can access a document, the number of times a user can print a document, which pages users are allowed to access, and only allow users within an IP white list to access the document.
- Protect (encrypt) PDF files when creating the PDF files using the Foxit add-ins within Microsoft Office.
Redaction for Microsoft® Word®
Foxit PhantomPDF provides a Redaction Plug-in for Microsoft Word which allows users to create a redacted PDF document from Microsoft Word 2013 and 2010. The plugin provides two different views of the same redacted PDF document. The first view is of the redacted PDF document, which anyone can read as long as they open the file in a PDF reader. This file will block out any redacted text. Alternatively, those with an RMS-enabled PDF reader and the proper authorization have the ability to read the document in an un-redacted format. That means that all of the content that you blocked out is now visible to the correct users.
See the Microsoft Blog
Rights Management for Mobile Devices
Consume and annotate protected PDF on mobile devices in Azure Rights Management environments through the Foxit MobilePDF product line.
- Foxit MobilePDF provides users with a common user experience from their desktop to mobile devices. MobilePDF with the RMS plug-in allows users to read and annotate protected PDF files and to protect new PDF documents on iOS and Android mobile devices.
Server Based Rights Management
Server side protection of PDF for SharePoint 2007, 2010, and 2013 environments and Exchange 2010 and 2013 environments with the PDF Secure RMS Protector. The PDF Secure RMS Protector augments SharePoint's 2013 capabilities when customers require:
- Fast Browser viewer and supports linearized PDF.
- Dynamic security watermarks to automatically display viewer identity information on protected PDF files. This provides additional security to protected files from being compromised by users cameras/smartphones and video capture.
- Staged upgrades to SharePoint 2013, enabling RMS support for PDF on 2010 and 2007 servers until upgrade to 2013 is complete.
The PDF Secure RMS Protector for SharePoint is installed on any SharePoint server communicating with an AD RMS server. This application extends all Microsoft AD RMS features to any PDF file posted to the SharePoint Server. Foxit PDF Secure RMS Protector seamlessly
integrates into a SharePoint workflow to automatically and transparently extend AD RMS policy protection to any PDF document.
The PDF Secure RMS Protector for Exchange is installed on any Exchange server communicating with an AD RMS server. This application extends all AD RMS features to any PDF file that are attachments to email messages.