By Scott Nguyen, Integrated Sales and Support
More than 70 percent of the world’s purchasing power is located outside of the United States. That’s just one of many reasons why translating text into other languages using Foxit Reader is useful. Here’s how to do it.
Translate text with Foxit
Using Foxit Reader with the Foxit Cloud plug-in, you can translate text to any supported language while you’re reading a PDF document. Likewise, anyone can read your PDF documents if they’re using these tools.
How the process works
- Click the FOXIT CLOUD tab in Foxit Reader.
- Click on the Translate button. You’ll see that it’s now active.
- Click OK to proceed.
- If you have only a small amount of content to translate, highlight it with your cursor and the translated text will appear. To adjust your language settings, click the gear icon in the upper right corner of the translation text box.Or…
Translate entire pages by simply clicking the button called “Translate Whole Page.”
- Foxit Cloud will auto-detect the language you’re translating from. If you need to adjust the language choices, click the gear icon or File > Preferences > Foxit Cloud.
- Once you’re done, click the Translate button again to deactivate it.
While you shouldn’t rely on machine translation for accuracy in legal or official documents, for simple PDF files that you or others need to view, the Foxit Cloud translation tool makes it possible—and easy.