By Scott Nguyen, Integrated Sales and Support
If you want to use a graph, diagram or similar visual from afile in your Microsoft Office document, there’s a better way than the usual copy and paste route. That’s because, when you copy-and-paste from a PDF to another document, the result can be garbled and require editing to make it presentable.
Instead, use the Foxit PhantomPDF Snapshot tool. It makes it easy to copy and paste portions of PDF files into other documents and the image will appear exactly as it did on the PDF.
How to use Snapshot
To copy an image or a combination of text and images, just do the following in PhantomPDF:
- Select the Snapshot tool by choosing HOME > Snapshot. You’ll see that the cursor changes into a Cross automatically.
- Click and drag the mouse to draw a rectangle around the content you want to copy.
- PhantomPDF will tell you that the selected area has been copied to the clipboard. To deselect it, click anywhere on the page.
- (Optional) Right-click the selected area, and then choose Copy Select Graphic.
- Paste the image to your desired destination.
That’s it. Easy-peasy. The PhantomPDF Snapshot tool gets the job done, no extra editing required.