by Brad Selbst, Sales Director
So you want to sign an electronic document and you’re gearing up to print it, sign it with pen, and then scan it back in.
But wait! There’s a faster, easier, better way. One that won’t create a giant-sized file. It’s calledSign and here’s how it works.
The PDF Sign feature enables you create aand apply it to an electronic document, just like you want to do. But there’s no printing required. All it takes is a few quick steps:
- Simply create an image of your signature. To do so, all you have to do is grab a piece of paper and a pen, then sign your name as you normally would.
- Next, scan that image with your favorite scanner software on your smartphone or tablet, or your handy scanner or multifunction printer.
- Now crop the image to just your signature so it’s nice and compact. You can use PhantomPDF to crop the image, just drop the image in PhantomPDF, click on the Organize tab, and then the Crop Pages button.
- Then it’s over to PhantomPDF or Foxit Reader. There, you’ll choose PDF Sign, then use the Browse feature to import your scanned signature.
- Now you can place your signature over the area you want it to go and just click.
That’s it. Now you’ve got ayou can use to sign any PDF document in PhantomPDF or Foxit Reader.
Need to initial pages instead? No problem. Just use the same steps to create a digital file of your initials and you’re ready to go.
For more details, make sure to watch the PDF Sign tutorial.