by Guillermo Gonzalez, Solutions Consultant
It’s not news that mosts are constantly inundated with new and ongoing initiatives. According to studies here are some of IT department’s main headaches:
- Security. Insecure password formats, such as “password123,” are a constant source of trouble for IT departments. Your workforce can be educated to use more effective passwords; however, IT must be forever on guard. That includes implementing processes and programs to strengthen network security, applying rules to force end-users to change their password regularly, and adopting single sign-on to reduce the proliferation of weak passwords.
- Securing Data Leaks. Your is constantly working to put into effect safer data methods and expanding data governance efforts to include compliance monitoring.
- Tackling Cloud Storage. In addition to disaster recovery, data backup and storage are other areas IT experts are constantly monitoring: Where is the company’s data going? Are the end-users using their own cloud storage?
- Global BYOD Strategy. From establishing rules and policies to identifying BYOD, IT departments are aggressive about the leading cause of shadow IT—meaning, employees and teams who are building and using their own devices and solutions inside your organization without explicit organizational approval.
Standardizing on asolution helps remove obstacles from IT by providing streamlined and secure alternatives to any shadow IT operations. Foxit’s technology helps IT departments remove issues with document conversion, editing, formatting and storage. Here are some of the key areas Foxit’s PDF solutions can help you and your :
- Automatic software updates. With a standard PDF Editor such as Foxit PhantomPDF in place, there’s no need for your IT team to keep up with updates. Subscribing to Foxit does it automatically for you. You get updates as they happen. That saves your IT team from having to rollout updates throughout the organization.
- Helps secure your documents. Standardizing on a well-developed
protects your documents from attacks. This makes your organization more secure, which translates into fewer vulnerabilities. Foxit’s solutions include tools to help IT departments protect a single or bulk PDF documents with:
- Information Rights Management (IRM)
- AD IP Microsoft Rights Management Services (RMS)
- Dynamic watermarks and redaction
- Password encryption with up to 256-bit AES to lock documents from prying eyes
- Signatures that validate your role and level of authority within your organization
- Lighter footprint. The less resource-intensive your software, the better it is for your IT team. The fact is, many IT professionals prefer Foxit Reader because it’s fast and lightweight. They often choose Foxit over the alternatives. So why not consider it for the whole company?
When it comes to helping IT focus on their objectives (and overcome very-real obstacles such as manual rollouts and lack of security features), every initiative helps.