by Amy Glancy, Account Executive of Public Sector
Microsoft SharePoint has been around a long time and it’s one of the major business collaboration tools on the market these days.is integrated with Microsoft SharePoint so that you can seamlessly check in and check out PDF files on SharePoint servers. This enables you to better manage and share PDFs. You can access PDFs in a SharePoint repository by doing any of the following:
- Open a PDF file in the SharePoint mapped drive by Open dialog box within Foxit PhantomPDF. You can open and check out a PDF, modify it and then check in and save to the SharePoint network drive.
- You can also use Foxit PhantomPDF’s Open or Save As dialog box to work on PDFs in your SharePoint repository, whether the SharePoint repository is SharePoint online or SharePoint on-premise. More details please refer to Open and Save As PDFs with Foxit PhantomPDF.
- Directly check out and check in PDFs in your SharePoint repository on SharePoint on-premise through the SharePoint web interface using a browser after configuring your server. Please refer to SharePoint Configuration to configure your server first. More details please refer to Open and Save As PDFs with a Web Browser.
Open and Save As PDFs with Foxit PhantomPDF Open PDF files in a SharePoint repository
To open PDF files in a SharePoint repository, please do the following: (Take opening PDFs in a SharePoint repository on SharePoint online for example)
- Run Foxit PhantomPDF and choose File > Open >Add a place > SharePoint . In the Add dialog box, type the SharePoint URL to sign in and click Next to continue.
- In the pop-up dialog box enter the email address and the password to sign in.
- In the Open dialog box, select the Shared Documents folder and click Open.
- Choose the PDF file you want to open and click Open.
- In the Foxit PhantomPDF dialog box, if you choose Check out and Open, other users cannot edit the PDF at the same time; if you only choose Open, others can modify the PDF as well when you are editing. (Check Don’t ask me again to bypass this dialog box in the future and use the current choice selected the next time you open a PDF. You can change the setting later in File > Preferences > SharePoint.)
- (Optional) If you want to cancel the Check Out status, please go to Share > SharePoint Integration > Discard Check Out .
- Edit the PDF according to your requirements.
- To check and set the PDF properties, please do the following steps:
- Please go to Share > SharePoint Integration > Prepare Document Properties .
- In the Document Properties dialogue, you will find the file path and document properties. You can select the file path to copy and paste it, if necessary. To edit a document property, double-click the column name, and edit the value in the Edit text box. For example, double-click Title, the Edit text box will pop up, type the content you want and click OK to finish the editing.
- Go to SharePoint > Check In. In the Check In dialogue box, select a version number for the modified document along with the appropriate the version comments. To not allow other people to modify the document, you can check Keep the document checked out after check in this version.
- Click OK, the modified PDF will be loaded to the server automatically.
Foxit PhantomPDF offers you many collaboration features such as SharePoint integration to enable you and your colleagues to collaborate easily using PDF as your tool. If you’re not already using it, explore what PhantomPDF offers you today.