Foxit PDF SDK is used by developers worldwide to build complex, demanding applications that interact with PDF documents and forms across multiple platforms. The version 5.1 release highlights include:
The new component brings native .NET support to the core of Foxitand allows easy integration into.NET based projects.
The .NET component includes the most common features such as PDF viewing, bookmark navigation, text selection, searching and copying, as well as advanced annotation and digital signature support, with more features to be added in the next release.
Additional features for Windows 10 (UWP)
The Windows 10 (UWP) runtime component has been updated, with support for annotation creation, editing and deletion, as well as signature features and support for getting text links.
Other 5.1 new features for the C and Java APIs include:
- Path object feature for Java API: A new way to extract similar information to Foxit’s Pressure Sensitive Ink (PSI) feature, added as a client request.
- Content mark feature for Android Java API: Content marks allows for easy identification of page objects, such as handwritten signatures, and categorize them to take further actions – for example, comparing signatures with a signature database for verification.
- Get and Set page thumbnail for a page: Page thumbnails can be set so end users can find and locate specific pages more quickly.
- Set popup information when creating markup annotations: Foxit API already supports creating a pop-up annotation, but does not have a method to associate a pop-up annotation with a markup annotation.
- 1 RT and Win phone library removed from public release.
See the website for a full list of existing features.