Foxit announces the Foxit RMS PDF Protection Tool. This product is part of the Foxit PDF Security Suite solution for protecting . This new product encrypts and protects with permissions and authorization settings through programmatic interfaces to prevent sensitive information from being printed, edited, and copied by unauthorized users in Microsoft Active Directory® Rights Management Services (AD RMS) environments.
The programmatic interfaces provide both Command Line Interfaces (CLI) for IT administrators to run in scripts or on-demand and C programming interfaces for developers to incorporate into existing applications. Both the CLI and C programming interface support any file sharing/file repository environment to protect and unprotect files.
Key features of the RMS Protection Tool for PDF include:
- Programmatic protection (encrypt) and unprotection (decrypt) of with specified RMS rights policies. Shields the details of the implementation, allowing the user to protect and unprotect PDF files programmatically using a few simple interfaces.
- Batch protection and unprotection of PDF files. Allows bulk, on-demand, and event-based file protection and unprotection.
- Retrieval of official Rights Policy Templates from RMS servers in real-time.
- Application of dynamic security watermarks. Dynamic security watermarks automatically display viewer identity information on protected PDF files in case users copy confidential information by using screen shots, cameras, mobile phone cameras, video capture, or other similar methods.
- Generation of activity log files that keep a history of what files are protected/unprotected and when they were protected/unprotected.
- Out of box integration with File Categorization Infrastructure (FCI).
- Consistent design with the Microsoft AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool and AD RMS SDK 2.0, providing a consistent user experience to Microsoft Office® documents. Applies uniform security and permission settings across documents file formats. documents in a similar workflow as protecting
To learn more about Foxit PDF Security Suite, please visit our product web page and a free 30-day trial.