Ideal for groups of all sizes, Foxit PhantomPDF Standard delivers the right features at the right price to deliver professional looking PDF documents. It is available in English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
A popular workflow is to create PDF from a scanned document, either for an electronic archive or to modify the document when you only have the hardcopy. Users drag and drop scanned document pages into existing PDF documents or create new PDF documents. When a document gets scanned into PDF, it becomes an image – meaning you cannot select the text, search for text either within the document or from a system search engine, and you cannot edit, or modify the text. To perform these actions, you must OCR the document - OCR stands for Optical Character Recognition and it is software technology that enables you to convert scanned document into documents with selectable, searchable, and editable text.
- Support paperless office workflow by converting paper contracts, agreements, and other documents to electronic PDF files - scan and convert in one step.
- OCR to convert scanned or image-based content into selectable, searchable, and editable text.
- After OCR, then you can paragraph edit text from scanned documents, which is especially valuable when you only have the hardcopy.
- Find and correct incorrect OCR results to enable accurate file indexing for effective PDF searching.
- Streamline your workflow by inserting scanned documents directly into existing PDF documents.